Braden River is the only Manatee Public School to offer Beach Volleyball. For the past four seasons, Braden River has been one of the top teams in the state for beach volleyball. The dedication and effort of our players and families to make this beach program run has been unparalleled. We will continue to work at competing at the highest level and carrying on our tradition of winning!
2019 results- Braden River finished with a record of 10-5. Its only losses came to the top 3 teams in the state. The pirates finished 2nd in their District, Won Regionals, and placed 3rd in the state for a 2nd year in a row. At the state tournament, they upset the number one seed from Fort Lauderdale High School 3-2 in matches with an exciting 16-14 win in set three for the 3 pair of Hannah Reynolds and Brianna Sweitzer!
We are looking forward to defending our regional championships and making it back to States for a third year in a row in 2020!!
BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SENIORS HANNAH REYNOLDS & CAMRIE HENDERSON! BOTH YOUNG WOMEN ARE CLASS ACTS AND WERE GREAT TEAMMATES AND ATHLETES FOR BRADEN RIVER!
Update on 2018 Season:
Braden River won its District, Region, and qualified for the State Championships in the first year they offered Girls Beach Volleyball for Public Schools. The Pirates had a record of 10-3 and placed 3rd at the State Championships capping off a historical season for the school.
Braden River H.S. is the first County School to add girls beach volleyball as a sport in 2018. We are excited to offer another avenue for our student athletes to participate in our great sport. This sports is entirely funded by our indoor program raising money.
- Practices will be on Tuesday and Thursday/Fridays after school, Tom Bennett Park & Bee Ridge Park.
- We will take up to 7 pairs – 14 players
- Events will be weekly with limited travel starting in February – April
- Players are encouraged to play in other beach tournaments
- Represent Braden River H. S. in a positive manner in the area.
- Promote the sport of Beach Volleyball in the community.
- Provide another avenue for female athletes to participate in sports.
- Show good sportsmanship
- Compete as a team to win our district and a state championship
- Fundraise to build 4 beach courts on campus at Braden River High School.
- School is a member of the SSAC
- Coaches are USAV members with Beach IMPACT Certifications
- Must be enrolled at BRHS or non-traditional student who lives in district.
- USA Volleyball Membership Required
- USA Volleyball Notarized Medical Release Required